What’s the job?
Inside sales rep.
Who would I be working for?
Anyone who makes something that’s for sale! Coca-Cola European Partners have some of the UK’s biggest-selling brands, so they have a large sales team.
What do they do?
Inside sales reps deal with phone enquiries from existing customers, and sign up new ones, to help the company grow and make money.
What sort of work is involved?
- Responding to questions from customers.
- Following up leads and trying to bring in new customers.
- Explaining the features and benefits of your company’s products.
- Identifying businesses that could be potential customers.
- Processing orders.
- Maintaining good relationships with your customers.
What skills do I need?
- You’ll spend a lot of time talking to people, so you need to be a good listener and have great customer service skills.
- Unless you work at a very small company, you’ll probably be working as part of a sales team, so being a team player is essential.
- Good time management is a must.
- Passion and enthusiasm are essential if you want to grab a potential customer’s attention.
What qualifications do I need?
You’ll need GCSEs in maths and English, but a sales role is more about your personal skills than qualifications, so being good with people and showing enthusiasm are the most important things.
What hours would I work?
It’s an office-based role, so the hours would usually be something like 9-5 from Monday to Friday.
Where would I work?
You could be based just about anywhere, as all you need is a phone and a computer. Coca-Cola European Partners have their main sales team in Peterborough.
How much would I get paid?
Salaries can vary a lot, but someone with no experience might get around £18,000 a year. A senior executive or manager might get £40,000 or more.
Can I do work experience?
Yes, the company offers work experience opportunities.
How might the job change in the future?
New technology and artificial intelligence (AI) should help to suggest leads and save reps time, allowing them to spend more time on calls. However, it’s likely that the personal touch provided by a rep means that AI probably won’t be replacing humans in this role.
For more details:- careers.cokecce.com